- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activity, based upon work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel
- Monitor tool and part inventories and the condition and maintenance of shops to ensure safe and efficient working conditions
- Examine objects, systems or facilities, and analyze information to determine needed installations, services or repairs
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment, and provide employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules
- Confer with personnel, such as management, quality control and customer to coordinate work activities and communicate cost factors of projects to be completed
- Effectively oversee maintenance personnel to ensure all assigned activities are performed effectively and efficiently in accordance with plant procedures and all state, local and federal regulations. Participate in various aspects of maintenance department management under the guidance of the maintenance manager
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.